The COOP Public Service Grants for Community at Large
The COOP has invested in the Cambridge and Boston communities for years through the COOP Grants for Public Service. Funds are available to support new and ongoing public/community service programs and projects that benefit the Cambridge and Boston area.
Only schools and 501c3 nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply.
The Coop Community and University Relations Committee will accept one grant application per academic year from a given group. If you have multiple activities for which you want to request support, please include in the one application. Approved projects are expected to use grant funds before the next application cycle. The awards are generally in the $1000-$2000 range; however, larger, well-justified requests are also considered. The Coop Community and University Relations Committee reviews the applications. Applicants will be notified on the status of their application two weeks after the application deadline. This means that you will not be informed as to the status of your application until after the application deadline, regardless of when you submit your application. Please plan accordingly and consider the grant application deadlines when applying for funding. Please note that activities or events that have already occurred will not be approved for funding.
Applications require a budget for any event or activity.
September 23, 2022
November 11, 2022
February 17, 2023
March 31, 2023
Qualifications and Selection Criteria for Community Grants
Projects should meet more than one of the following criteria to be considered outstanding in the eyes of the committee:
· Organized (and executed) by Cambridge/ Boston school or 501c3 nonprofit organization
· Benefits or serves the Cambridge/Boston community
· Demonstrates the lasting impact for the community at the end of the project and beyond the project timeframe
Preference will be given to proposals that meet one or more of the following:
· Build or positively impact the Boston/Cambridge communities
· Promote good citizenship and humanitarian efforts
· Present innovative and entrepreneurial, yet practical and achievable projects
The COOP Gives Grant Program is not able to fund requests for:
· Student Government Organizations
· Activities or events that have already occurred
· Registration fees to attend conferences
· Technology or equipment for one-time use
· Events in support of partisan/political causes
· Compensation (e.g., speaker fees, honoraria, salaries, payment for services, etc.)
Coop Grants are not intended for specific marketing support such as advertising, sponsorship, or in-kind donations. To request this type of support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to click the SUBMIT button below.
****Please do NOT enter any website URL (form may not contain http:// or https:// in the form fields.) Your application will not be submitted if it contains a hyperlink.****
Upon successful submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email (please also check your spam folder). If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours of submission, please contact Chuck Hayes at email@example.com